Monday, October 15, 2007

Oh man, it's 7AM already and I'm still awake. I was going through Facebook and looking at the groups the people I know in there join. I saw a journalist group and I was about to join then I realized I might not fit the definition of a journalist anymore.

I actually had to look up the word journalist in wikipedia just to see what people are defining it by these days.

'A journalist is a person who practices journalism, the gathering and dissemination of information about current events, trends, issues and people.'

So I guess I might fit the definition some what. I don't go out on daily assignments anymore. I don't exactly practice journalism. I'm far from objective.

I managed to crawl through my journalism ethics class with a C when it was expected more than half the class to fail. I've never been so proud of a C.

I don't even have an official government press tag. Mine expired years ago. I was supposed to have it renewed but I got lazy. I can still do it but the hassle of going down to Bernama to get it done is too much. Besides... no one ever asked me for one ever since mine expired. Everywhere I when, I was invited. The places I wasn't invited... I had a video camera and a vest with my company's logo on it. That was my press tag.

I haven't been to a press conference in ages. The last press conference I was at, I was at the other end actually giving an interview. That was so freaking wierd. I just started spewing out stadardized quotes for the reporters. Looking back, it was quite funny. I guess I did learn something from all those press conferences I've attended.

No comments: