Monday, October 15, 2007

My body clock is so screwed up now. I just finished watching a DVD, The Invisible. A remake of a Swedish movie. It's a different take on those 'Ghost' movie where the main character is invisible and no one can see him. A bit of a voyuer kind of movie.

Anyway, I was in Pavilion today. It's the latest mall in Jalan Bukit Bintang. I wonder how that Malton Bhd got away with making such a huge mall in such a high density area. That road was already jammed up before the mall. Now, with the new Pavilion, it's even worst. Tearing down BBGS was such a farce. It was a historic building and now look what stands in its place... a place where all the old girls of BBGS shop.


centre of Pavilion

centre of Pavilion

I managed to take some pictures of the mall. It's well lit and quite spacious. There are no fast food chains here. No supermarkets either. So you can tell it's catered to the high end market. No place for the lower end income groups to hang out.



JCO donut shop in Pavilion shopping centre, Jalan Bukit Bintang

I managed to get a quick shot of this while I was going down the escalator. This is the famous donut shop everyone was talking about in Pavilion. Look at the long queue. It's crazy. Just for donuts? I've tried one before yesterday that my brother brought back, it was good, but not worth the long lines.

The restaurants were packed when we when there. We ended up eating at Laksa Shack. Not my first choice but it had the shortest waiting line. My advice, eat before you visit this place. They have limited restaurants and no food courts. The mall is designed in a way so that all the visitors here are pushed to the few restaurants. Good way to ensure sales for them I guess.

It's free 2 hours parking if you spend RM100. I barely spend RM30 so I had to pay RM4 for the 1 hour 42 minutes I was there.

Getting out of there, we ended up in a traffic jam on Jalan Bukit Bintang. It was caused by people parking their cars on a yellow line blocking up one lane. That caused a bottle neck and people had to squeeze around those selfish bastards.


Idiots who cause jam at Jalan Bukit Bintang

Check out those cars on the left of the picture. They're just sitting there waiting while people are all jammed up. I wish Pavilion would post some guards there to shoo people away like how they do at One Utama.

No comments: