Sunday, April 13, 2008

Of to London

I just got back from Kota Bharu. This was my first time getting air sick. I took the Firefly flight back to Subang airport. This was my second time flying Firefly, the first was the flight to Kota Bharu. I don't know why but I was fine the first half of the flight as I dozed off.

Half way through the flight I woke up and looked out the window and then I started to get really sick. I was breaking out in cold sweat. I saw a kid in front of me holding an air sickness bag wanting to puke and that just made it worst. I think looking out of the window just made it worst. I closed my eyes but everytime I did, I imagine the view outside and that made me want to puke more.

I think the reason for this could be the windows of the Firefly planes. They're lower than the eye level and that made me stoop to look out of the window. The flight wasn't particularly bumpy but stooping low made me nauseous in the plane.

Anyway, I'm leaving for London tomorrow evening. I still haven't packed yet. Everyone says it's very cold, however I was watching BBC and the people there don't seem to be dressed too warmly. Heck, I even saw a African Masai warrior jumping up and down next to the Thames river in London wearing only his traditional garb. If the guy can do it, so can I.

I'll survive. I hope.

No comments: