Saturday, September 01, 2007

Well, the Merdeka celebrations are over and I spend most of the time avoiding it. I was either asleep or out in the mall walking.

At work, we spend a year planning for the build up of the celebration, getting everyone hyped up about it. When it all came down to it, I was just too tired. On the countdown, I was at home watching only the last 30 minutes on TV.

I was going to go watch the Ikano fireworks from my rooftop but I missed it by a few minutes.

I woke up on Merdeka day at 10AM and the march pass was over. I only got to see the Agong leaving Dataran Merdeka.

In the evening, I was out in the mall shopping, when I got back, I did manage to catch the finale of the celebrations and the fireworks on TV at Merdeka Stadium.

Somehow or another, all this large organized celebrations reminds me of North Korea. The North Koreans have one most the most largest and beautifully syncronized celebrations too, usually at their premier's birthday. The only thing we're missing is the parade of large missiles down pass Dataran Merdeka hehehe.

Oh, we did have MIG-27's though! Yeah... those pirates in Melaka straits better watch out now. We got submarines and fighter jets now... blow you out of the water!

No comments: