Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's late and I should be in bed. I haven't written anything lately. I guess, when I put of writing then there's just too many things that is of interest to write and it becomes a chore to write it down already.

Lately, I've been working at home a lot. Mostly editing in at home. I hardly go to the office unless I needed to transfer a tape. Doing this Winners is really getting to me, I hardly have much time to rest.

Editing one episode takes up at least 15 hours of editing. That's not including the time I spend shooting. I keep thinking it feels like a long distance drive.

Anyway, yesterday someone called me while I was still asleep early in the morning. She wanted to thank me for one of the episodes. I was a little blurry and mumbled it was okay. She mentioned I got her name wrong but other than that, she liked it. I mumbled out a thank you and when back to bed.

This is not the first thank you call or email that I got. I guess it kind of makes it worthwhile when there are people who do appreciate what I've done. I did get one e-mail from a viewer who wrote in really bad English that the show was crap. Oh well... can't win them all eh?

Besides work, I've been busy with other things too. The bank called me today and said my home loan was approved. Another sign that I'm getting older. I've never taken a loan in my life before. The bank couldn't believe that my credit ratings was really good. I don't have any outstanding credit card debts (never paid credit card interest before); I don't have a car loan and my income was stable. It took the bank less than a week to approve my loan.

Sometimes when I walk around my office lobby and I see all these new young faces walking by full of energy and I think to myself "man, either they're getting younger or I'm getting much older". Hrmm... probably both.

The first day I started work still feels like it was only weeks ago when it's been almost 8 years. I don't make friends easily so I don't talk to any of the new staff unless they talk to me. I know, it's rude but somehow I feel like people have to earn my trust. It's not that I'm snobbish and wouldn't help if they asked, I would gladly help but I won't make the first move and introduce myself. Wierd isn't it?

Lately, I've been questioning my level of job satisfaction. I yearn to do more... actually, I yearn to do something different. Doing the same thing over and over again is boring. I want to try my hands at something new. I don't have the time to actually sit down and plan what I want to do yet, but once I'm done with what I'm doing now, I will definitely do that!

Today, I only managed to download the visuals from the tape to the hard disk. Didn't actually get down to cutting anything yet. I cleaned out my Canon IXUS today. The lens was getting smudgy. I bought this nifty screen cleaner that was like those wet wipes. Only, it has cleaning alcohol in it. RM15 for one pack with 25 pieces. Not bad.

There was a fine strand of fibre in my video camera's eye piece. It was actually inside the eyepiece and behind the eye piece lens. I tried using the blower to blow it out but it wasn't long enough. In the end, I used my portable vacuum cleaner to suck it out. That damn fibre had been bugging me everytime I look through the eyepiece for weeks already. I was smiling when it was finally sucked out. Ah the little trivial things that makes me happy.

Live for the moment I say.

No comments: