Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Samurai The Last Warrior book review


Finally finished reading Samurai The Last Warrior by John Man. It's my first time reading a book by this author and I hated his writing style. Too much prose, too little facts. He waxes lyrical too much and goes on pages and pages emphasising on a single point. At many points of the book I felt like shouting "get on with it! I get the point already".

I've always wanted to know about the Last Samurai but this is definitely not the book to read if you want know about Saigo Takamori. Crap, wasted RM49.90 buying this book. I'll stay clear of this author from now on.

Plus this book totally ruined my idealized notion of what a samurai is. He veers of and starts talking about homosexuality in samurai culture. I won't say more except it was very Greek.

No comments: