Sunday, September 16, 2012

Jalan Pasar, Digital Mall and memories

Today was a pretty full day. I when Jalan Pasar to buy some stuff for my sister-in-law. I love Jalan Pasar but I don't go there so often as it's out of the way.

Parking is really hard if you're not familiar with the place, there's an open parking lot further down the street on an empty plot of land I park at. It's RM2 an hour.

I love looking at the electronics and stuff they have. Most of it looks like dodgy electronics, stuff I wouldn't trust to last long. Like these ovens I saw. I was looking at them and wondering what could go wrong and straight away a long list came to my head. My apartment could catch fire; I could get cancer from eating all the chemicals it could be leaking into my food; etc.

There are some gems in Jalan Pasar. If you're looking for CCTV related stuff, like cameras and DVR recorders, it's the place to shop. I'm also vary of getting mugged there. Lots of dodgy looking foreigners there.

Anyway, after Jalan Pasar I drove to the Digital Mall in PJ to buy a hard disk. Another of my favourite place to spend time. Parking here is easy as I always park in the multi-storey parking at the highest floor. The top floor is connected to the Digital Mall.

When I visit the Digital Mall, I always have a meal at the Medan Selera food court in the basement. Stall No. 30 has the best Hokkien Mee and Wah Tan Hor. The old couple who runs the stall have been running the stall for as long as I can remember. When I was in secondary school, sometimes I would eat with my friends there.

Memories make food taste different and I think that's why I think their noodles are the best. When I eat there, it reminds me of the times I was in secondary school.

No comments: