Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Paul McCartney - Live & Let Die
When you were young and your heart was an open book
You used to say life and let life
(you know you did, you know you did you know you did)
But in this ever changing world in which we live in
Makes you give in and cry
Say live and let die
Live and let die
Live and let die
Live and let die
What does it matter to ya
When you got a job to do
You gotta do it well
You gotta give the other fellow hell
When you were young and your heart was an open book
You used to say life and let life
(you know you did, you know you did you know you did)
But in this ever changing world in which we live in
Makes you give in and cry

Recently, I've found some of my old university friends through friendster again. It's been almost 10 years since I heard from them. How time flies. Back when we were just kids and now some of them are mothers already. Makes me wonder what happened to the rest of them.



Me and Joe in Hard Rock Cafe in Chicago in 1999. Joe was the guy I hanged with most of the time during my later years in uni. He was from Thailand and had twin younger brothers studying there too. Both of us had a lot of fun visiting Chicago. It was after I graduated and he called me up and asked me if I wanted to take a road trip with him to Chicago for a short break. It was still pretty cold in early spring, so I thought it would be fun. It was my second time to the city so that made things easier like finding a hotel, etc. I love visiting Chicago, it's got all this old skyscrapers and the feel of city is just... wow, so 'kwailoh' haha. Not a place to stay though, I'll get homesick there. I haven't been in touch with Joe since he when back to Thailand. Wonder what he is up too know.



I think it snows half the year in St. Cloud. When spring comes and the snow starts to melt, you get all this 'dirty' sludge snow lying around. Things that were supposed to be decomposing that was frozen up starts decomposing again. This is a picture on the campus. Not sure what building this is, I think it's the performing arts centre where I did my minor in film studies. When it's -20F, you have to run really fast from building to building.


My family didn't make it to my graduation. Back then everyone was still recovering from the Asian Financial crisis. I'm lucky to have just graduated. So it was just me in the hall that day. Notice the floor, it's actually rubber padding on top of an ice rink. Our main stadium was actually an ice hockey ring so that's where we have our graduation. Feels chilly in there. Our gowns were rented, but we got to keep the mortar and tessle. Didn't get much picture of me on stage getting my degree. I don't even remember who was the invited guest speaker because it was obviously forgettable.

No comments: