Sunday, July 15, 2007

Here I sit,
Tried to edit,
But ended up blogging
I really should be finishing my editing but procrastination is just getting to me. First of all, I realized I'm missing an interview so I can't edit the whole thing yet.
Anyway, I just remembered the dream I had last night. Normally, we don't remember the dreams we have unless something triggers it. Dreams don't normally turn into memories unless the storyline is so vivid.
I woke up in the morning and I could hear my mother talking to my nephew outside my window. My mother said the last goldfish died. I didn't think much about it until I sat down on my couch and was looking at my cute niece then suddenly my dream came back to me.
I dreamed I was next to a body of water. Could have been a stream or a pond in a tropical setting. The water was very clear and you could see to the shallow bottom. There was a few people around fishing near a wooden jetty that was old and rotten. The jetty was very small and low. There was an excitement and everyone was pointing to an Arowana fish swimming around the jetty. I think it was quite a large adult arowana fish, about the length of my forearm. Some were trying to catch it with their barehands. I remember I was in the water up to my knees and something kept poking my leg behind me. I turned around and it was the Arowana swimming around my legs. I reached down and caught it. It was slippery but I caught it and shouted out for something to put the fish in. Someone came over with a small bucket and we could barely fit the fish inside it.
Some of the chinese guys said it would be good luck if they could make the fish drink rice wine. Now remember, this is a dream so none of this makes sense. I thought, okay so this two chinese guys forced the fish's mouth open and both of them took turns making the fish drink wine. I just watch from behind them. I was wondering if I had a chance to do it too, but I didn't. I think it was because they ran out of rice wine.
Anyway, after awhile I woke up. Now that was a bloody wierd dream. I wonder what triggered it. Could have been the dead goldfish. Not sure where the rice wine part came in. I kept thinking how cruel it was to feed the fish rice wine. Now that I think about it, in my dream, they were calling it the 'dragon fish'. It looked like an arowana fish.

No comments: