Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Challenge

Sometimes, I feel like I'm a contestant in The Apprentice. You know, that reality game show with Donald Trump saying, "You're Fired" at the end of each episode. In each episode, the contestants have to do a challenge and every episode is different and that's how I feel my job is like. I'm a jack of all trades, masters of none.

Today, I had to produce a live event and it a medium scale sized program. As usual, nothing when as planned during the show. We plan for the best, but sometimes the Broadcasting God doesn't like you. Maybe we didn't sacrifice any virgins these time... hard time find one these days hehe.

I hate sitting in that little OB 4 van. Its a small truck and a pressure pot with everyone shouting orders at each other. Streams of SMS are coming into my phone; the walkie-talkie is buzzing; the floor manager asking what's next; the hosts can't hear me... I wish I could telephatically just download information into their head all at the same time. Kinda like the collective the Borgs have in Star Trek.

Anyway, things ended okay with some glitches. Audio on ground event was of, but was okay on air... thank goodness. My two main host wandered of after the show and I couldn't find them, so I thought screw it, I'll go of without them then. Phew... as the contestants would say, "I'm ready to step-up" haha.

1 comment:

sensei said...

I wonder who were the two hosts.. Hmmm..

Dude, produce la 1 reality show like The Apprentice.. I for once would like to try my luck on something like that just for the kicks.. hehe