Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wrong key

I finally got a locksmith to come over and get the lock open. It turns out the keys the previous owner gave me, the key that was supposed to open that particular lock didn't match. The locksmith said it was difinitely the wrong key. I took a closer look at the door and it was a little cracked on the side plus the locksmith said the lock wasn't of the same series as the other locks in the apartment. The rest of the locks in the apartment was silver color while the odd one out without the key was gold in color.

 

I think what most likely happened was the tenant of the previous owner, at one time or another, probably got himself locked out of the room and broke the lock, hence the damaged door side. After that, the guy replaced it with an identical lock... only he forgot to return the new key to the previous owner.

 

That so pissed me of. I spend a few hours trying to get the lock open. I even sprayed it full of WD-40 to lubricate it. Damn it.

 

I think I'm going to make a bonfire with all the previous tenant's old mail.

,

 

 

 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very interesting situation. Probably previous owner mixed up the keys and gave you wrong one.
And I always lose my keys, and I'm thinking maybe become a locksmith? There are several skills that are prerequisites to becoming a professional locksmith; excellent manual dexterity, an interest in mechanical and electronic gadgetry, good communications/public relations, maths and possibly some carpentry skills are all assets.

luxen said...

hrmm, dude if you want to write paid comments, do it elsewhere. No one reads this blog.