Sunday, June 10, 2007

Back to normal

I got my PC back from the shop. The motherboard blew out from the lighting that hit my house. The lighting surge came through the phone line, into the modem and through the router. It then when through the LAN line into my motherboard. It even fried the IDE cables. Good thing my CPU, RAM and hard disk was okay. I got the same model motherboard so I didn't have to re-install anything.

The only problem I have now is with the new modem. It comes with a router too and its too complicated for me to setup. Not so familiar with network protocols. Almost got it to work by trial and error.

The pass few days, I've been going back and forth to Sunway Medical Centre. My uncle was undergoing surgery and I had to ferry my relatives back and forth from my house. At least that was something to do in the evening. Otherwise, I would normally be glued to the PC. I'm just so addicted to this PC. I get withdrawal symtoms when I don't have my PC around. I get restless and wonder what to do.

No comments: