Saturday, September 30, 2006

Butterfly Lovers

I just got back from watching the musical 'Butterfly Lovers' at the KL Performing Arts Centre (KLPAC). I brought my mom and Chui Yan there and met Sim and See Ming there who had bought the tickets earlier.
I must say, I was impressed with the KLPAC. They refurbished an old building and turned into one classy arts centre. Normally, I don't like to go to plays but I make an exception for musicals, they're so much more entertaining.
At first I had my doubts about going to an Chinese Musical. I knew the story before hand already but luckily, they had a projector at the top of the stage with subtitles in English. I wish they had put the projector at the bottom though because I had to quickly read the subtitles then look down at the action again.
Overall, it was a pretty good performance. The two butterflies they had at the end of the show was huge though. If I saw butterflies like that, I would probably make a run for it.

No comments: