Friday, September 29, 2006

Looking for a new car

Besides looking for a house, I'm also looking for a new car. Chui Yan's been complaining about my Nissan Sunny 130Y. Okay, it's old but I do have great fun driving it, it's manual and I just love driving manual. I pour a lot of money into this old car maintaining it. Recently, while on my road trip to Ipoh, I got it up to 130 km/ph. The car was basically floating already but the pickup was pretty good. I don't know if it's just me, but I noticed people drive a lot faster in the dark on the highway (maybe because no speed traps at night?).

Anyway, while driving this old car is great fun, it's time to buy a new car. Too much money going into this one already just to keep it in tip-top condition. The current car doesn't have a great suspension system even though I change to a brand new one. Still a bumpy ride even hitting the smallest pothole or uneven patch over job on the road. I've narrowed it down to 3 cars, Inokom Getz, Proton Waja Campro, and Naza Bestari.

All 3 cars have their good and bad points. A few hours ago, the Bestari (also known as 206) was high on my list until I saw a petition complaining about how the 206 engine dies out while driving. So this car is in the bottom of my list now. I like its sporty look but the backseat's and boot is small. No mp3 CD player either. Currently, I fitted a CD player that also has a thumb drive that plays my mp3. No more having to burn mp3's, cool huh? Wish I can transplant my CD player into my new car.

Getz I like simply because of the price RM58,888 and its got lots of carrying space. The Inokom version is cheaper by 10K I think. I haven't seen it in the showroom yet, looking forward to test driving it. I wonder if it has a mp3 CD player too. Doesn't look very sporty though, more like an utility vehicle.

The next option of course and the cheaper option is the waja campro at almost RM60K. It's got a good financing package too. Some complains on forum about its design and pickup but it's got a mp3 player. Not too keen on its leather seats though, kinda hot where I park most of the time. I like the low fuel consumption.

So top of my list, would be be the waja, next is the getz and third the Bestari. Have to see what's my monthly repayment, have to factor in I'll have to get a bank loan to get a house too!

No comments: