Friday, December 21, 2007

I walked over to One Utama from my office the other day. Now that they've finished The One World hotel, it's pretty fast to walk across. I just walk across the IBM office, into One World lobby and I'm in One Utama in 5 minutes.


I was going to do my Christmas shopping and also buy a Final Cut Pro editing book. The new documentary I'm starting on is going to base on FCP so I needed to brush up on my FCP knowledge. I walked over to MPH and looked at the books. An Apple Certified Final Cut Pro 5 book was going for RM146. While I was looking at it, something else caught my eye. It was the new edition of "The Adobe Photoshop CS3 book for digital photographers". I have the CS version of this book. It had excellent tips in it.


I flipped the book over and it's price tag was RM146 also! Now here was my dilemma. Get a FCP book that I can only use at work OR get a photoshop editing book that I can use for fun at home (and also for work!). Guess what I bought instead?





tada! my new book. Okay, this is pretty geeky but yeah... I like editing photos more than editing video. Editing videos can be pretty tedious... photos, you can print it out and put it in a frame and enjoy it. Much easier to sample the fruits of your labour compared to videos. Although, I must say people seem to be more satisfied with the videos I have edited. I guess it's the overall 'wow' effect when you present someone with a video of their wedding.


So far I only have a pocket camera. No SLR camera yet. I wish I have a camera that takes RAW format. That would be lovely to play with.


Now I'm looking for someone to adopt my old "The Adobe Photoshop CS book for digital photographers".



A lot of the tips in this book can still be applied to any CS version. It's still a great book to have on your lap while you're trying out the tutorials. Anyone want to borrow this book?

No comments: