Tuesday, March 27, 2007

UPS Delivery

I came back today to find a UPS mail delivery on my bed. My maid usually puts my mail under my door, but this was a pretty large envelope so it ended up on my bed. On first glance, I knew what it was right away. One of the universities must have send it.

I checked the envelope's return address, and true enough, it was Sheffield Hallam University. It was an unconditional offer for a Masters in Media Studies. I had till August to accept it. I feel slighted elated at getting this. I was thinking, "hah, so I'm good enough for another university after all! Someone wants me to study at their instituition!"

I had a talk with Chui Yan about the future. I guess plans have to change. I'm dropping the university plans to focus on buying a house and getting hitched this year. I know I always talk about it but not much gets done so this time around, gonna put more effort on it. The scholarship just side-tracked me. Doesn't matter now whether I get it or not. I've got more important things at hand.

Maybe I'll frame up the letter. Would have been nicer if it was an offer letter from Cambridge hehe.

No comments: