Tuesday, February 07, 2006

You give me fever
having a fever sucks. Last night out of the blue when I tried going to bed, I just couldn't sleep. Everytime I closed my eye, I kept getting wierd hallucinations. Its been a while since I got sick, so I didn't exactly knew what was going on. I was tossing and turning in bed with some damn hallucinations about Rome and some wierd thing that would not go together. The Rome hallunication I could understand, I've been playing this Rome: Total War computer game and just before I when to bed, I was watching this awful DVD box-set, Empire... about power struggles in Rome.

Somewhere in there I could hear Michael Buble singing "... you give me fever". Now that wasn't too good. It was already 4 AM in the morning and I was dead tired with the chills. I turned of the fan and air-conditioning but I was still cold. I when to the kitchen to look for Aspirin but I all I found was a bottle of honey. Heck, I'll try anything at that point. Squished a generous amount into a cup and mixed it water and drank it down. Tasted too sweet and made my stomach even more squishy.

Must have been the steamboat I had for dinner. Either I didn't boil the food long enough or I just over stuffed my belly.

After awhile, the fever wore of a little and by lunch time I managed to drag myself to see the clinic in my office (hey, free medication). Doctor agreed its probably food poisoning and gave me some aspirin. Was going to do some work but I just felt so weak, I didn't feel like talking to any of my colleagues. Just drove really slowly back home and popped 2 aspirins and slept for the next 5 hours.

It's almost 3 AM now and I can't sleep because I slept too much. Watched a DVD earlier, "Wedding Crashers". Was quite a feel good romantic comedy. I thought it would get my mine of the hallunications. Thing something funny and romantic instead you know? Got me thinking instead of the time I got sick in Cherating with my girlfriend. We drove to Cherating to spend a few days and while there I had food poisoning and a fever too. Was our first holiday away together and I don't know about her, but I felt it was really nice of her to take care of me while I was sick. When you're sick, you're all vulnerable and its nice to have someone take care of you.

I think I'm going to swear of steamboat and anything to do with Rome for a few weeks. Damn, those hallucinations were just so wierd. It was like one of those wierd music videos where the images just don't make sense. It was total avant garde.

No comments: