Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Strange Coincidence

I was reading this book some anonymous person placed on my table last year. It was about the teachings of Buddhism. I always flip to a random page and read an except from it.

A colleague walks by and sees me reading the book and says he's seen the book before in a hotel before. Then it struck me, yes, I've seen it before too!

It's the same book I saw in my hotel room in Bangkok. Instead of Bibles, they put these books by the bed. I read excerpts from it when I was sick in the room. I had food poisoning so I stayed in bed for a few days. Out of boredom, I opened every drawer in the room. I found the book in a drawer next to the bed. I liked the idea how they have a book promoting Buddhism instead of the Bible or the Quran.

Now I wonder if someone stole the book from a hotel room in Bangkok and put it on my table. Don't know what to make of it but it is a wierd coincidence.

No comments: